Indoor Garden Ideas
Feeling too much stress? Do you want somewhere you can relax and unwind after a hard day at work? This is one of my favorite garden design ideas and it will work wonders in your life.
It does not matter where you live or how big your yard is. You can still reap all of the great benefits of a indoor garden. There is more than one indoor garden design ideas you could go with. Finding one that resounds with you is the best choice.
Gardening is the practice of growing plants. Ornamental plants are normally grown for their flowers, foliage, overall appearance, or for their dyes. Useful plants are grown for consumption (vegetables, fruits, herbs, and leaf vegetables) or for medicinal use. A gardener is someone who practices gardening.
Gardening ranges in scale from fruit orchards, to long boulevard plantings with one or more different types of shrubs, trees and herbaceous plants, to residential yards including lawns and foundation plantings, to large or small containers grown inside or outside. Gardening may be very specialized, with only one type of plant grown, or involve a large number of different plants in mixed plantings. It involves an active participation in the growing of plants, and tends to be labor intensive, which differentiates it from farming or forestry.
Duplicating Mother Nature indoors for our plant friends is more complicated than most people often realize. Here are some tips for increasing your chance of success at creating a delightful indoor garden.
1. For certain plants, you will need to know how to force flowering onto plants before you will be able to produce fruits, vegetables, and flowers on plants successfully indoors. Some plants are day-neutral and will flower no matter what, but others must be induced to flower.
2. When putting up a garden, do wash all surfaces clean, and once it’s all clean, keep it that way! Mild soapy water made from natural soap will do fine. Also make sure you clean all pots and equipment between seasons. Once you take your plants indoors, there’s very little to stop the spread of disease – it is always better to prevent than to medicate afterwards.
3. If you do notice signs of diseases or molds, it is best to trash that plant or at least all the infected leaves immediately. Consider this; it might be sad to throw away one or two plants, but if the disease spreads, your whole garden can go bad!
4. Since most indoor gardens are small, limit the number of plants. It is a temptation – especially if you are growing plants from seed, and you get a lot of high quality seedlings – to make your garden overcrowded. Make sure you reserve enought space with good lighting for every plant. Trash the weakest ones, or give them to somebody with similar hobby, and trim the excessive growth when needed.
5. You can limit indoor diseases and pests by using neem oil. Neem oil is plant-based oil made from neem tree – you can get it organically grown as well – that contains natural, estrogen-like chemicals that kill of viruses, bacteria, fungus and make plants less tasty for pests.
6. Laying yellow sticky-traps will prevent the spread of fruit flies. Another handy way of getting rid of them is allowing the pots to dry out. Fruit flies need moisture, where adult plants can survive some days without watering. Only dry the plants to the point when plants are wilting! Do not use this method for small seedlings, since drying them will result killing them.
7. Select disease-resistant, hardy plant varieties. This will help maintaining good health in your indoor garden.
8. With some plants, you’ll need to pollinate flowers by hand using small brush since there are usually no pollinators indoors.
9. Use timers to control the lighting.
Considering those steps in will be very useful in making building plan of your indoor garden. If you have complete all of those stepsFeature Articles, you just need to spread your creativity to build attractive and beautiful indoor garden in your home.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Read more Interior Design Guide and Ideas