How to Build a Man Cave Bar
Designing and Building the Perfect Bar for Your Man Cave
A Man Cave is something that almost every man desires to have in his home. This is an area where he can relax, watch sports without interruption, and have friends and family over to watch the big game. Although any space will work for a Man Cave, no cave is complete without a really great bar. Having a bar custom-made and installed in your space can be very expensive – the good news is that you can design and build the perfect bar on your own this weekend without breaking the bank.
Materials and Tools for a DIY Man Cave Bar :
- 4×4 wooden posts
- (12) 2×4 wooden boards
- Framing Square
- Circular saw
- Wood glue
- Tape measure
Directions for a DIY Man Cave Bar
- Side Frame Construction: The two side panels of the bar will be constructed from two short and two long boards. Using a circular saw, cut four of the 2×4 wooden boards to a length of 42 inches. The, cut four more 2×4 wooden boards to a length of 15 inches. Place the shorter 15 inch boards inside the larger 42 inch boards to create a rectangular frame. Secure the boards together using nails.
- Front Frame Construction: Using a circular saw, cut two more of the 2×4 wooden boards to a length of 42 inches and another two 2×4 wooden boards to a length of 84 inches. Again, place the shorter 42 inch boards inside the larger 84 inch boards and secure them with nails to create rectangular frames.
- Cut and Prepare Side and Front Panels: Begin by measuring the dimensions of each side panel. Using a table saw cut a piece of fiberboard to cover each of the side panels. Then, measure and cut an additional piece of fiberboard to cover the front panel. Attach the fiberboard initially with wood glue, followed by nailing the pieces together.
- Bar Assembly: Using two 4×4 posts, connect the front panel to the two side panels. The posts should be cut to a length of 42 inches. Begin by positioning the first side panel and the front panel at a 45 degree angle with one of the posts. Toenail the post and panels together to form the corner of the bar. Repeat this process to attach the remaining side panel.
- Create and Install the Bar Top: Using the remaining fiberboard, cut a piece for the bar top that measures slightly larger than the dimensions of the bar itself. Using wood glue on the underside of the fiberboard, attached the board to the top of the bar frame and fasten to the side and front panels using nails.
- Paint and Decorate Your New Bar: Once the bar is constructed, it is time to decorate and paint it! Consider using your team’s colors and even incorporating other team memorabilia to make the overall Man Cave look inviting and cohesive.
If you found this article on how to build your own bar useful, check out HippsHelp.com today! Hipp Modern Builder’s Supply is a Mountain View, AR, hardware store featuring a DIY blog, an online store, as well as an eBay store! For more information about Hipp’s or to check out more of our DIY articles, please click here.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Gerald_McConway/528288
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8797247