Decorative Ideas for Your Antique Lounge
An antique theme is beautiful because it is reminiscent of the good old days when times were simpler. The design style of this theme is ornate and quite decorative incorporating floral patterns and curved elements. You can bring this antique look into your home by being creative.
- Go to thrift stores or pawn shops and look for antique ornaments. Ornaments such as porcelain dolls, vases or tea sets. Curved porcelain vases with gold trim filled with flowers create a wonderful scent and ambience in the lounge. Porcelain tea sets with floral patterns and tea cups with beautiful curved handles give you that antique look.
- Find an antique display cabinet. Look for a display cabinet that has a glass door, precision carved frames, as well as decorative curved feet and handles. You can display the tea sets or porcelain dolls in the display unit which will accentuate the theme.
- If you have a fireplace in your lounge, you can place antique ornaments on the mantle.
- Look for a floral rug with a bold border and place it under the coffee table. Also find a wooden coffee table that has curved edges and carved designs in the legs. This combination will look beautiful in your lounge.
- Find floral curtains to drape on your windows. Try to keep the floral design similar throughout the design elements. If you select a pink floral pattern for the rug, then the curtains should incorporate the same colours. If you select random floral patterns for the different items in your lounge then you could end up with a cluster of patterns that don’t match.
- Go bargain hunting for antique lounge chairs. If they are still in their original state then the wood frame should still be intact. The wood may just need a coat of varnish. As for the fabric, you may need to replace it. Take it to a furniture upholstery specialist to reupholster the lounge chairs. At this point you can select a fabric that matches the curtains so that you can keep the styling consistent throughout the theme. By reupholstering the lounge chairs you have the freedom of creativity.
- Look for wooden picture frames. More specifically look for picture frames that have carvings in the wooden frame. Accentuated corners and detailed carvings will frame your photos beautifully. For the photos, select sepia toned photos to create a good old days feeling which complements the antique theme.
We can bring your old furniture back to life by reupholstering your favourite furniture. If you have an old suite the chances are the frame will be very strong and sturdy and unlike some of the modern offerings where they have cut on quality to save money and where the frames can sometimes be weak. Contact us today: Phone: 011 794 3492 | Mobile: 082 900 9099 | Mobile: 084 297 1442 | Email: [email protected]
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Barrie_Taylor/2433222
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9794715