4 Questions to Ask When Choosing Glass Shower Doors
While some folks may find them a bit unsafe or too transparent, glass shower doors are as trendy as smartphones these days. Almost everyone who has a shower, uses shower doors or curtains. However, there are folks who, under the influence of news stories about exploding glass doors and windows, may go against this – and this post is for them.
I do not mean to pitch some tall claims or sell something over to you. However, there are some ways and tips you could avoid almost any wrong decision about installation of the glass shower doors. Since the doors come in varying types and variations – like pure glass, plastic, with frames or without, it is vital to assess the basics before making such a decision.
The following four points should guide you on the same.
1. Do You Really Need Them?
The foremost question to ask yourself is whether do you really need a glass shower door or that is too much? This depends a lot on your habits. For example, if you use bathtubs for the sake of shower, then curtains may work better for you. However, if you take a bath in a separate stall, then you may want to have doors. Generally, glass shower doors look beautiful and add elegance to the facility.
2. Have You Checked the Basics?
There are fundamentally four things to consider while opting for glass doors.
- Strong Pivots – in order to support a strong glass shower door, you may need to have durable and strong pivots.
- Frosted Glass – people in general take tempered glass more ideal for showers as compared to plain one. This is primarily due to the sturdy nature, durability, safety, and ability to absorb heat.
- Customization – in order to add more to the beauty of the doors, you can apply colors, decorations, and textures. Make sure to pick a material that supports customization without losing durability.
- Safety Measures – never ever compromise on your or family’s safety. Make sure to keep strong checks before and after installation and use well-tested glasses for bathrooms.
3. What is Your Personal Preference?
Yeah, that’s very important to assess first. There are folks who think that glass might be harmful in the case of slip or an explosion owing to heat etc. While your fear is valid, this is not true with the modern types of glasses. Today, most of the doors today are made of safety glasses, which do not break in first place. However, if they do, they shatter and do not fragment into pieces that could harm you. While price could be a deciding factor, glass doors are more beautiful and easy to clean as compared to plastic ones.
4. Is Your Vendor Reliable?
The last but not the least important one is about the vendor. Are you taking supplies from a reliable vendor who has good repute, and capacity to provide the desired material?
My simple advice would be to seek advice from friends and family members if they have previously worked with a good company. If you don’t find any help, search for local businesses dealing within the same, and seek their public reviews.
You can find people’s comments on their profiles on Google My Business, Facebook pages, Twitter, and other social networking sites. Moreover, reliable review websites like TrustRadius, YellowPages, and TrustPilot should also help you find the best and the most reliable option.
If you are searching for a reliable Glass Company NYC, check TG Glass Works. They are one of the leading glass companies and provide a wide range of reliable material. For more information, visit their website http://www.tgglassworks.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Tahir_Akbar/841128
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/10098024